SoundKarD are running an inaugural call for pre-existing works for voice, keyboard and electronics (specification below) to feature in our 2017/2018 concert programme. We are particularly keen to receive works that have been written in the past 5 years. Submissions needn’t use staff notation and we welcome works that incorporate improvised material.
This call is open to all composers regardless of nationality, age or career stage.
All submissions should be sent electronically in PDF (score/text) and mp3 format (details below).
- Voice – soprano, range A3 to C5 (A3 being A below middle C).
- Keyboard – piano (with or without extended techniques), harmonium, organ or keyboard.
- Electronics – fixed tape or live electronics. Quadraphonic works are welcome, however a stereo version should be made available.
All submissions should be sent electronically to email@example.com. We recommend you use a file-sharing platform (such drop box, sound cloud etc.) if submitting large format media files.
Submissions should include:
1) Cover page with the following information;
- Title of work
- Contact information
- Link to a recording or video of the work (where available)
- Work bio (premier/commission information)
- Biography (200 words)
2) Program Note (300 words maximum) in PDF.
3) Performance score in PDF.
4) Stereo MP3 recording of the work (if not available to listen online).
5) Technical specifications outlining electronics should be provided in PDF.
The deadline for submissions is midnight (GMT) Friday February 10th 2017. Composers will be notified by email by the end of March, 2017.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some images from Manchester last week, with RNCM composers Anna Disley-Simpson, Carmel Smikersgill and Philip Rousiamanis. SKD performed works by Linda Buckley, Duncan MacLeod, Ryoko Akama, Catherine Lamb and SoundKarD. Performers: voice Sarah Dacey, piano/harmonium Kate Halsall, electronics Duncan MacLeod, w/ guests Anna Disley-Simpson (voice) + Otis Enokido-Lineham (cello), Philip Rousiamanis (violin) Grace Callaghan, Emily Revill, and Hannah Clarke (flutes)